Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Mad Pontoon, what's that?

Mad Pontoon? What the heck?

Well, let me start with this: you come up with an idea and you happened to be self-sufficient guy who likes doing it on his own (entirely if possible). Then you touch upon that subject in your head and ... you stall. You can feel all the little things swirling inside your head, but none seems to take on a face of its own. So you set it aside for a while and you promise yourself you will get back to it, eventually.

Then that day has come and gone, but every time it looped through you gained something from it. Yet, you still feel like ages behind the crowd.

And then, all of the sudden ... EUREKA! A load of new light lands on top of you. You know now that there is a path to success ... it's the learning process that needs to evolve and mature.

So, again, what's that Mad Pontoon about, you ask?

I've been involved in photography for most of my life. Up until recently, it was just for the closest of family and friends, and it almost never saw another stage. But now we have that internet thing. While I've been displaying some of my images on the web for several years now, none of that "display" has satisfied me. There is a bunch of different paths one can undertake to accomplish this successfully. But, as you know now, I am that self sufficient guy. So I took on the task of designing my own web page(s), entirely from scratch, entirely hand coded, entirely mine top to bottom.

Well, this approach requires delving into the intricacies of web design, HTML, CSS, Flash, and load of other bits.

Information is available: in the printed material, on the net, in life classrooms etc.

So here is my Mad Pontoon that's meant to piece it all together in one place, mostly for me. I'm tired of constantly bookmarking what I find interesting. So I will use this space to "take notes" of it.

As I indicated above, I'm into web site design with a photographer in mind. A basic site geared strictly towards displaying one's images, does not have to be elaborate, but ... it DOES need to be well designed so as to complement the work displayed. No matter how few words or blocks or sections we end up using on it, there is still a lot to mess up.

...

No comments: